Report of Regents Professional Practice Committee to The Board of Regents
Your Professional Practice Committee held its scheduled meeting on March 3, 2020. All members were present, except Regent Josephine Victoria Finn who was excused. Chancellor Betty A. Rosa and Regent Roger Tilles were also present, but did not vote on any case or action.
Professional Discipline Cases
Your Committee recommends that the reports of the Regents Review Committees, including rulings, findings of fact, determinations as to guilt, and recommendations, by unanimous or majority vote, contained in those reports which have been distributed to you, be accepted in 5 cases. In addition, your Committee recommends, upon the recommendation of the Committee on the Professions, that 40 consent order applications and 1 surrender application be granted, and further recommends that 1 summary suspension application be granted.
These recommendations are made following the review of 47 cases involving thirteen licensed practical nurses, five registered professional nurses, three licensed practical nurses who are also registered professional nurses, three pharmacists, two licensed clinical social workers, two licensed master social workers who are also licensed clinical social workers, one architect, one dentist, one dental hygienist, one licensed master social worker, one massage therapist, one physical therapist, one podiatrist, one professional engineer, one psychologist, one registered professional nurse who is also a nurse practitioner (Family Health), one registered professional nurse who is also a nurse practitioner (Psychiatry), and one veterinarian.
MOTION FOR ACTION BY FULL BOARD
Madam Chancellor and Colleagues: Your Professional Practice Committee recommends, and we move, that the Board of Regents act affirmatively upon each recommendation in the written report of the Committee's deliberations at its meeting on March 3, 2020, copies of which have been distributed to each Regent.
MATTERS NOT REQUIRING BOARD ACTION
Your Committee discussed several topics of interest, including:
Deputy Commissioner's Report/Update
- Full Board Consent Agenda Items
- Board (Re)Appointments
- Licensing Petitions/Conferral of Degrees
- Appointments to the Committee on the Professions
- Appointment to the Position of Executive Secretary, State Boards for Dietetics and Nutrition and the State Committee for Professional Assistance
- Proposed Amendment to Section 70.9 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Relating to Continuing Education in the Profession of Public Accountancy (2nd Emergency Action)
- Proposed Amendment to Section 79-13.5 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Relating to the Establishment of a New Restricted Licensed for Clinical Laboratory Technologists in Toxicology (2nd Emergency Action)