Report of Regents Professional Practice Committee to The Board of Regents
Your Professional Practice Committee held its scheduled meeting on April 9, 2019. All members were present except Regent Josephine Victoria Finn. Chancellor Betty A. Rosa, Regent Nan Eileen Mead and Regent Kathleen M. Cashin were also present but did not vote on any case or action.
Professional Discipline Cases
Your Committee recommends that the reports of the Regents Review Committees, including rulings, findings of fact, determinations as to guilt, and recommendations, by unanimous or majority vote, contained in those reports which have been distributed to you, be accepted in 1 case. In addition, your Committee recommends, upon the recommendation of the Committee on the Professions, that 36 consent order applications and 6 surrender applications be granted.
These recommendations are made following the review of 43 cases involving nine licensed practical nurses, nine registered professional nurses, four licensed practical nurses who are also registered professional nurses, four pharmacists, two chiropractors, two licensed mental health counselors, two pharmacies, one architect, one certified public accountant, one dental hygienist, one massage therapist, one professional engineer, one public accountancy partnership, and one veterinarian.
MOTION FOR ACTION BY FULL BOARD
Madam Chancellor and Colleagues: Your Professional Practice Committee recommends, and we move, that the Board of Regents act affirmatively upon each recommendation in the written report of the Committee's deliberations at its meeting on April 9, 2019, copies of which have been distributed to each Regent.
MATTERS NOT REQUIRING BOARD ACTION
Your Committee discussed several topics of interest, including:
- Deputy Commissioner's Report/Update
- Full Board Consent Agenda Items
- Board (Re)Appointments
- Licensing Petitions
- Master Plan Amendment – Lehman DNP in Nurse Practitioner and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Degree Authorization – SUNY Downstate Medical Center, DNP Degree
- Master Plan Amendment – SUNY Downstate Medical Center, M.S. in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Proposed Amendment to §§63.4 and 63.9 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Relating to Administration of Vaccinations by Pharmacy Interns (second emergency action)